Test your problem-solving skills in a century-old Carnegie Library in the heart of Picton! An escape room is a fun and physical family-friendly adventure game where you and your friends team up to solve a series of hidden puzzles and riddles using clues and strategy, in order to complete the game before the 60-minute timer runs out. Using the history of Prince Edward County and armed with your own literary knowledge, help the Library by unlocking clues and finding the missing documents! Without you, the Library is doomed! When? Events will be held July 10, 20, 24, August 3, 7, 17, and 21. Cost? Youth $15, adults $25. All proceeds support the ‘Time to Renew’ Picton Branch Expansion. For more information and to buy tickets, go to peclibrary.org/escape.
IT’S TIME TO RENEW OUR PICTON LIBRARY
If you’re one of the 3,400 people who visit Picton Library every month, you know that our 110-year-old Carnegie building is overdue for expansion. NOW is the TIME TO RENEW. Soon, a modern extension will double the size of Picton Library and maintain its heritage character. You can expect:
- Expanded collection
- Performance arts space with non-profit rental options
- A new lecture theatre with assistive technologies
- An enlarged children’s area and a dedicated Makerspace Room for STEM learning and lifelong enrichment
- Flexible quiet workspaces and meeting room rentals
- Accessible public washrooms
- Comfortable chairs, good lighting, quiet spaces where we can all feel at home
- A new walkway from Mary Street to Main Street
Bequests, donations, efforts of the Friends of Picton Library, a John M. and Bernice Parrott Foundation grant and a PEC Council investment are funding $900,000 of the $2,000,000 needed to expand Picton Library. TIME TO RENEW is a once-in-a-lifetime campaign to raise the remaining funds needed for the Picton Library Expansion.