The County of Prince Edward Public Library & Archives is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated team player to perform the duties and responsibilities of Children’s Services Coordinator. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and implement programs in the newly expanded Picton Branch Library as well as at each of the other library’s five branches.
The Children’s Services Coordinator will foster a culture that embraces the Library’s mission of being an inclusive community gathering place that inspires lifelong learning, creativity, and personal discovery.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with Outreach & Programming lead, this role includes:
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Planning and implementation of programs for children and families that promote literacy, learning, and socialization
- Ensuring that the County of Prince Edward Public Library is responsive to all families, including those with special needs
- Outreach with community partners and at community events.
The Children’s Services Coordinator will be expected to perform the following general duties that are shared by all Library employees to ensure a seamless experience for patrons: Communicates and applies Library policies and procedures; addresses and resolves any patron issues Circulation and shelving Spreads awareness of Library programs and services, and is an ambassador for the Library in our community Any other duties as required.
- Library education (MLIS preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building relationships with staff, volunteers, community partners and library patrons
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, evenings, and weekends
Please send resumes to Barbara Sweet by email: email@example.com.
The County of Prince Edward Public Library and Archives is an equal opportunity employer and will take all reasonable steps to ensure accommodation is available to all applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Alternative formats of job postings are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest – however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.